Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A Couple of hours at WMANUS HQ

I went into the WMANUS offices at Aston University yesterday so that Sarah the WMANUS Area Convenor (Campaigns & Communications) could give me some information about the constituent members with whom I will be keeping in regular contact. If you happen to be a member of the executive at Aston Students’ Guild, Fircroft College Students’ Union, Henley College Students’ Union, Josiah Mason VI form college Students’ Union, Matthew Boulton College Students’ Union, Solihull College Students’ Union, Sutton Coldfield College Students’ Union or Walsall College of Technology Students’ Union I will be in touch soon. While I was there Sarah who was previously a Vice-President at Aston Students’ Guild gave me a quick tour of the place which involved meeting a few of the executive officers.

I discussed the possibility of WMANUS coming together with other organisations such as The Citizenship Foundation to organise an event similar to Westminster Day, which could tie into our registering to vote campaign.
Sarah has also asked me to look into companies who could possible be interested in advertising in our Newsletter ‘Collective’. So I picked some old copies of Student Friendly to use as a starting point. If I have sometime next week I will pop into the office again to see if there is anything else I can get on with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home