Thursday, August 19, 2004

Morning of lack of success

Yes so I could not sleep much last night. I spent most night expecting my worse nightmare to come true, which would have been getting results, which were below what Aston University and University of Wolverhampton wanted.

With Aston University my firm acceptance asking for 280 at GCE A-Level in 3 subjects (BBC) and University of Wolverhampton asking for a minimum of 160 UCAS tariff points, 140 from 6 or 12 unit awards (DDE) I was sure I would not meet Aston University requirements but was hoping that they would accept a lower offer because of my personal statement and reference.

So this morning I woke up at six more nervous then I had ever been. I am certain I was not this nervous on morning I got my GCSE results however that was five years ago so I cant really remember.

I made it to college at 9:25 so the rush had died down by the time I got there. This meant I went straight to the person handing out the results for anyone with a surname starting with T-Z.

My results read:
Economics D
History C
Law D
200 points

With these results I knew it would be difficult for Aston University to accept me but hey I still called and was told exactly what I knew I would “I am sorry Adam but this time we will have to reject you”. So there came an end to my time as WMANUS Network Officer and the idea of studying in the city where I was born and raised.
I then called University of Wolverhampton to check that they were all right with the grades I had and they have accepted me to study Politics and Social Policy.

I am disappointed that I will not be studying at Aston University because I liked the campus, I liked the fact that the university is close to home so I would not have to spend too much time travelling to and from university, I liked the union and I would be able to continue in my role as WMANUS Network Officer.

However I am not too upset that I will be going to University of Wolverhampton. The course I will studying at Wolverhampton is more my thing then what I would have studied at Aston University and I will be studying at a university which is not in Birmingham so I will have more reading time to and from University.

Congratulations to all those students who achieved fantastic results especially Jade Farrington and Mark Ramsden who both got three As.

P.s. Thanks to Colin Ross for the message, which said, “Well done on wolves follows a good line me lib dems. Aston dont know what they are missing. Hope you are not too upset. Colin

Thanks for that Colin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home