Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Festive Period


I find the period between Christmas and New Years a bit weird and feel like I things happening but without real purpose or speed. As a Muslim I don’t celebrate Christmas so don’t have a family meal or get together as others may do my Christmases are usually spent catching up with friends and family. In the run up to Christmas I took time out to meet with friends and catch on what had been happening with them, my festive period so far has been spent watching DVDs and TV. So far this festive season I have enjoyed Calendar Girls (which I have seen before), The Vicar of Dibley and Little Britain Abroad on TV and I have managed to watch Dirty Dancing, Hitch and the second season of West Wing on DVD. I am looking forward to watching Freaky Friday, Jam & Jerusalem and Lenny Henry.TV tonight on TV as well as trying to watch Rain Man, The Best Comedy DVD in the World and Out Foxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism. I doubt I’ll get through the DVDs tonight but if I manage to get through them before the end of the festive period that would be great.


I also have to find some time to go out shopping I still need to find some shoes, tops and caps to buy and given that we will be celebrating Eid on Saturday I doubt I’ll be able to get much done on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.


I hope everyone else is enjoying the festive period and I wish everyone the very best of luck for 2007. I do hope to blog again before then but if I don’t manage can I wish all those celebrating Eid an Eid Mubarak and a happy new year to one and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home